You can read the full complaints procedure on the following document.
CLICK HERE TO OPEN THE COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE DOCUMENT.
Prescribed Form of Words Under Practice Rule 8 of the Notaries Practice Rules 2014
1. My notarial practice is regulated by the Faculty Office of the Archbishop of Canterbury :
The Faculty Office
1, The Sanctuary
Telephone 020 7222 5381
2. If you are dissatisfied about the service you have received please do not hesitate to contact me.
3. If we are unable to resolve the matter you may then complain to the Notaries Society of which I am a member, who have a Complaints Procedure which is approved by the Faculty Office. This procedure is free to use and is designed to provide a quick resolution to any dispute.
4. In that case please write (but do not enclose any original documents) with full details of your complaint to :
The Secretary of The Notaries Society
Old Church Chambers
23 Sandhill Road
Tel : 01604 758908
If you have any difficulty in making a complaint in writing please do not hesitate to call the Notaries Society/the Faculty Office for assistance.
5. Finally, even if you have your complaint considered under the Notaries Society Approved Complaints Procedure, you may at the end of that procedure, or after a period of 6 months from the date you first notified me that you were dissatisfied, make your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman*, if you are not happy with the result :
P O Box 6806
Tel : 0300 555 0333
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : www.legalombudsman.org.uk
6. If you decide to make a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman you must refer your matter to the Legal Ombudsman :
The act or omission, or when you should have reasonably known there was cause for complaint, must have been after 5th October 2010.
*certain kinds of commercial entities are not eligible to make a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman – please refer to the Legal Ombudsman Scheme Rules or consult the Faculty Office
68 High Street
07714 896 500
01604 830 332